In-Person Services: Info & RSVP
Here is a quick message from Pastor Ross about the services on May 24: https://vimeo.com/421146226
IMPORTANT: Please read the entirety of this document!
What and when are the services?
- 8:00 am: Traditional Service for Ages 65+ Attendees Only
- 9:45 am: Traditional Service (all ages)
- 10:00 am: Online Worship Service: Uploaded at the following places:
- 11:30 am: Contemporary Service (all ages)
- 5:00 pm: Contemporary Service (all ages)
***Please note: Because we are still in a dynamic, ever-changing situation, if the in-person services need to be cancelled, this change will be emailed to the church and provided at http://fbc-brenham.org/services-beginning/.***
- In order to adhere to the attendance guidelines provided by the Office of the Attorney General and Office of the Governor, we will need you to RSVP each week for one of the 75 spots available for each in-person service.
- If you have the internet, please RSVP by going to one of the following links:
- If you do not have the internet, please RSVP by calling the church office during office hours (Monday-Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm; Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm) at 979-836-2807.
- The opportunity to RSVP will be available online and phone call each Monday morning starting at 8:30am.
- While an ages 65+ services only service is provided, per guidelines provided by Office of the Attorney General and Office of the Governor, if you are at-risk or have any health concerns, we recommend you stay home and watch the online service. If you do not have internet access, you can listen to the sermon from the previous week at 10:00 am on Sunday mornings on KWHI 1280 AM. Please know it is OK if you do not feel comfortable attending or cannot attend yet. You can learn more about our online service by going to http://fbc-brenham.org/covid-19-response-info/.
- We will clean and disinfect the Sanctuary (pews, bathrooms, handles, etc.) between services.
- You are welcome and strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear a mask. Except for when they have to use a microphone, the pastors will be wearing masks.
- We will have hand sanitizer available, but we encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer.
- As we restart services, for now, we will not have childcare. Nevertheless, we love the sound and energy of children. While we cannot have children at the 8:00am service, please know your children are welcome at the other services. Also, we are currently planning for a date to begin childcare in one of our services.
- There will not be Sunday School for the time being.
Before Arriving on Sunday:
- Please take your temperature and the temperature of everyone in your family. If anyone has a temperature of 100.4 or greater or other possible symptom of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, chills, etc.), please stay home and connect via the online worship service.
- Please use the restroom before attending.
- Please wash your hands before attending.
- Be sure and bring your Bible because the pew Bibles will not be available (we have removed the hymnals and pew Bibles so that there will be less to disinfect.)
- Pray for what God will do in the service!
When You Arrive on Sunday:
- Park wherever you like.
- The only doors that will be open are the front doors and side entrance to the Sanctuary. The doors will be propped open so you do not have to touch a handle. The doors will be open 30 minutes prior to each service and after cleaning and disinfecting between services.
- Please maintain a 6 foot distance between people as you walk to and into the Sanctuary.
- An usher will be at the entrances to provide direction to seating and regulate the flow of people into the Sanctuary at a safe distance.
- Concerning seating, members of the same household can sit together. Everyone else should maintain the social distancing guidelines of six-feet between people when seated. Ushers will be available in the Sanctuary to provide guidance.
- One other note: per the state guidelines, every other row will be left empty. Therefore, every other row will be marked off as not available for seating.
- Please wave to greet people and do not hug, shake hands, or fist bump.
During the Service:
- The services will be pared down compared to our normal services. For example, we will not have a time of greeting or take up an offering during the service.
- *Singing*: Because of the possibility of aerosol droplets while singing, we will ask you to wear a mask if you want to sing. If you do not have a mask, we will ask you to sing “within in your heart,” hum along, or mouth the words quietly.
- In order to be rigorous in hygiene standards, a bulletin will not be handed out. Instead, announcements will be on the screen or you can view updates at http://fbc-brenham.org/covid-19-response-info/.
- Since pew Bibles will not be available, we will project the Bible verses on the screen.
- At the end of the services, an usher will dismiss people by pew, and you will be directed to an exit.
- We will have the white boxes available for your financial offering at the entrances/exits if you desire to give in this way.
After the Service:
- Please continue to maintain the required six-feet separation as you interact with people.
- While we know how good it will be to see people, please do not linger in the parking lot too long. We need to make quick turnarounds between services.
- Praise God for the opportunity to worship Him!
Please know this arrangement is only for a temporary time. We appreciate your flexibility in all this! We will need to stay flexible as we move forward. We want to maintain the standards provided to us by the state and be good citizens. By maintaining these guidelines provided to churches, you help our community and our church.