Covid 19 Response Info
Weekly Update for Brenham’s First Baptist Church’s
Pastor Ross Shelton
Updated as of 05/21/2020, 4:00 PM
- Here is the schedule for worship for May 24. You can read detail information about these services and how to RSVP by clicking here: http://fbc-brenham.org/services-beginning/.
- 8:00 am: Traditional Service for Ages 65+ Attendees Only
- 9:45 am: Traditional Service (all ages)
- 10:00 am: Online Worship Service Uploaded on church’s Facebook page and Vimeo Websites
- 11:30 am: Contemporary Service (all ages)
- 5:00 pm: Contemporary Service (all ages)
- Online Worship Information: This service will be available and posted at 10:00 am every Sunday on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BrenhamsFirstBaptistChurch/) and our Vimeo page (https://vimeo.com/user105173800) on our website. Please note that this will be available on both websites starting at 10:00 am on Sunday and will available for viewing any time after this. If someone you know does not have internet access, they can listen to the sermon from the previous week on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am on KWHI 1280 AM.
- We are meeting with individuals, as needed, to help address benevolence needs within our church and our community. We want you to join in this. If you know someone who has lost their job and/or needs benevolence help, please let us know. We can provide some resources to you so that you can help them through the church. If you know someone, please call the church office (979-836-2807) or email Pastor Chad Marrs at or Pastor Ross Shelton at .
- As we continue to discern ways to serve our community during this time, please remember that one of the best ways to serve is to continue reaching out and checking on one another. I love seeing the ways everyone is staying connected!
- One of the ways you can help our church is through maintaining your faithful financial giving. Like most churches, we rely heavily on our weekly offering in our worship services to fund our ministries. You can learn more about secure online giving or our PO Box mailing address at the following link: http://fbc-brenham.org/give/. During these economic and socially challenging days, please know how much I appreciate your giving. If you have any questions about online giving, you can email me or our comptroller, Annette Guenther, at .
- Thank you to great work of our school administration and staff during the re-opening of our Early Education Center (our daycare) for children of essential workers!
- Youth Pastor, Chad Marrs, and Children’s Pastor, Alex Morrison, are working on preparations for youth camp, which we learned this past week will be able to happen! Parents, be sure to stay aware about updates from them.
- Everyone is currently back in the office. Because of state regulations regarding our daycare about who can and cannot enter the building, please be aware that you will be restricted from entering the offices. If you need to reach us, you can call the church at 979-836-2807 or email the staff. The staff emails can be found here: http://fbc-brenham.org/about-us/our-staff/.
- If you need prayer, you can go to the following link and leave your prayer request: http://fbc-brenham.org/resources/prayer/.
- All weekly events (Wednesday nights, Bible studies, etc.) are cancelled until further notice.
- We do a Wednesday night devotional. You can watch the devotional from Youth Pastor, Chad Marrs, from May 21 by clicking https://vimeo.com/420800164.
- Let’s remember to pray and be people of hope in Christ. While there is lots of fear around us, let’s be the most hopeful and people at peace during this season.